Gitanjali Katlam Programme Associate
Gitanjali Katlam's main interest is in researching behavioural ecology of animals. She is also keen on raising awareness about nature conservation among people. Gitanjali is researching the impact of garbage on wildlife in eco-tourism hotspots in Uttarakhand.
- MSc (Zoology) in 2008 from Institute of Science, University of Mumbai, India.
- BSc (Zoology) in 2006 from MPASC College, University of Mumbai, India.
Activities at NSI
- At NSI Gitanjali is researching the impact of garbage on wildlife in eco-tourism hotspots in Uttarakhand.
- Gitanjali is closely involved in developing approaches to communicate the importance of garbage segregation among the public at large.
- Researched parental care in stray dogs at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research-Kolkata.
- Researched taxonomy and enumeration of benthic fauna in the Chilika Lagoon, India.
- Conducted surveys of dam impact zones for development of mitigatory measures.
- Examined research gaps in the East Godavari River Estuarine Ecosystem, India.
- Estimated tiger and prey densities in various parts of India.
Alternative e-mail: email@example.com
© Copyright 2019 Nature Science Initiative. All Rights Reserved.